|Dearness Relief to Pensioners|
|Wednesday, 01 July 2009 12:17|
Dearness Relief (DA) for Pensioners with effect from 01.01.2006
No.42/2/2008 P& PW (G)
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market New Delhi
12th September, 2008
Subject: Recommendation of 6th Central Pay Commission - Decision of Government relating to grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners -revised rates effective from 1.1.2006, 1.7.2006, 1.1.2007, 1.7.2007, 1.1.2008 and 1.7.2008
Note: Dearness relief at the rates indicated in above table will also be admissible on the addtional basic pension/additional family pension available to older pensioners/family pensioners based on their age as indicated in this Department's OM. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.2008 and 2.9.2008.
2. The payment of Dearness Relief under these orders from the dates indicated above shall be made after adjusting the instalments of enhanced Dearness Relief already sanctioned and paid to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners w.e.f. 1.1.2006 vide OM. No. 42/2/2006 P&PW(G) dated 5.4.2006, w.e.f. 1.7.2006 vide OM.No.42/2/2006 P&PW(G) dated 15.9.2006, w.e.f 1.7.2007 vide OM. No. 42/2/2007 P&PW(G) dated 29.3.2007, w.e.f. 1.7.2007 vide OM.No.42/2/2007 P&PW(G) dated 18.9.2007 and w.e.f 1.1.2008 vide OM.No.42/2/2008 P&PW(G) dated 19.3.2008.
3. These orders apply to (i) All Civilian Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners (ii) The Armed Forces Pensioners/Family pensioners, Civilian Pensioners/family pensioners and paid out of the Defence Service Estimates, (iii) All India Service pensioners/family pensioners (iv) Railway pensioners/family pensioners and (v) The Burma Civilian pensioners/Family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Government pensioners from Pakistan, who are Indian Nationals but receiving pension/family pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan, who are in receipt of Ad-hoc ex-gratia allowace of Rs.1275/- p.m. in terms of this Department's OM.No.23/1/97-P&PW(B) dated 23.2.1998.
4. Central Government employees who had drawn lumpsum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous Body and have become eligible for the restoration of 1/3rd commuted pension of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of this Department's OM.NO.4/59/97-P&PW (D) dated 14.7.1998 will also be entitled to the payment of revised rates as per the table given above of Dearness Relief w.e.f. 1.1.2006 on the full pension/family pension i.e. the revised pension/family pension which the absorbed employee would have received on the date of restoration had he not drawn lumpsum payment on absorption and Dearness pension subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down in para 5 of the OM dated 14.7.1998. In this connection instructions contained in this Department's OM.No.4/29/99 P&PW (D) dated 12.7.2000, O.M.No.4/31/2000-P&PW(D) dated 16.1.2001 and OM.No.4/79/2006-P&PW(D) dated 6.9.2007 and OM.No.4/38/2008 P&PW(D) dated 12.9.2008, may be referred.
5. The other categories of CPF beneficiaries, their widows and diseased children who are in receipt of ex-gratia payment in terms of this Department's OM.No.45/52/97 P&PW(E) dated 16.12.1997 will continue to be governed by the said OM.
6. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
7. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed Central Government Pensioners will be regulated in accordance with the provisions contained in this Department's OM.No.45/73/97-P&PW (G) dated 2.7.1999. The provisions relating to regulation of DR where pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension will remain unchanged.
8. In the case of retired Supreme Court and High Court Judges necessary order will be issued by the Department of Justice separately.
9. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authority, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
10. The officers of Accountant General and Authorised Public Sector Banks are requested to arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of above instructions without waiting for any further instructions from the Comptrollers and Auditor General of India and the Reserve Bank of India in view of letter No. 528-TA, II/34-80-II dated 23.4.1981 of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India addressed to all Accountant Generals and Reserve Bank of India Circular No. GANB No.2958/GA-64 (ii) (CGL)/81 dated the 21st May, 1981 addressed to State Bank of India and its subsidiaries and all Nationalised Banks.
11. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department these orders issue in consultation with the C& AG.
12. The issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their UO.No.1(4)ev/2004 dated 9.9.2008.