Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Non Payment of family pension to a mentally retarded son of railway pensioner
07-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Non Payment of family pension to a mentally retarded son of railway pensioner
My father retired as SM Mukerian under Northern Railway Division, Ferozpur on 30-4-1983 and died in Aug.2005. My mother also died on 22-3-2010. They received pension/family pension vide PPO No.183050400(revised). They survived a son who is mentally retarded since his childhood and is presently an inmate in SAMARTH Chandigarh. In 2001, Railway authorities at Ferozpur had admitted his case for family pension after demise of my parents but did not enter his name in the PPO. After demise of my mother in 2010, I, being legal guardian, took up his case for family pension, with Ferozpur Railway Division and finally on their call, filled pension papers in Sep.2012 whereafter they physically verified his status by deputing their welfare staff to Chandigarh in October or so, 2012. Subsequently in Dec.2012, they acknowledge the receipt of pension set and fact finding enquiry report and informed also that the case is being sent to the Accounts Wing.

Unfortunately in 2015, they informed me that the records are not traceable in Personnel or Accounts Department and, therefore, the pension case cannot be considered. Though on my visit to Feropur in Dec.2015. I submitted the case to Sr.Div.Personnel Officer for consideration by the Pension Adalat which took place at Ferozpur on 15-12-2012. Although the case had been received by them well within time limit, the same was not kept for consideration in Pension Adalat on the verbal plea that third beneficiary cases are not within its ambit. I understand their plea is non-tenable as this is a family pension case for all intents and purposes and the term '3rd beneficiary' is their own creation to stand nowhere.

Seek opinion of the august forum with regard to non payment of family pension and also to the non consideration of case in pension adalat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: Non Payment of family pension to a mentally retarded son of railway pensioner
I find the following condition favourable in this case:

iii ) If the son / daughter of the pensioner is suffering from any disorder or disability of mind or is physically crippled or disabled, and unable to earn livelihood, a family pension shall be paid to him or her for life after exhausting the priority like widow or widower or son first, second or unmarried daughter until the last person attains the age of 25 years. ( rule 49(6)proviso ) Such family pension shall be paid through the guardian as if he or she was a minor or mentally retarded son or daughter. To support such a claim, a certificate to the effect of the disability from a civil surgeon has to be produced to the sanctioning authority every 3 years. Necessary certificate on the disability or unmarried status has to be furnished by the guardian every month to the treasury or bank. G.O.783 Fin 16.09.1994.
Also visit Link: http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railway...0_2012.pdf
07-22-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: Non Payment of family pension to a mentally retarded son of railway pensioner
May see the document at this Link too:

http://www.dae.nic.in/writereaddata/acct...book15.pdf
07-23-2016, 12:19 AM
Hi Manju Gupta, The case reflects the sad state of affairs in the Govt departments. It is not only unfortunate , it is inhuman also..Record not available is it a written or, oral communication ? . Documents are most important if you have them and Dec 2012 acknowledgment , pl rebuild the case file and submit early for necessary action by Rlys within one month. of receipt of your letter. with Copy to GM and also to Rly Bd. Chairman requesting for help. Also write to the following departments request if they can impress upon the rlys to extend pension to the disabled. .Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: socialjustice.nic.in/Department of Social Justice and Empowerment // Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities http://www.disabilityaffairs.gov.in/content/ . In any case do not loose heart continue your efforts Good luck to you